Thread: Nyc 320a
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 07:03 PM
sigler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012

Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Define "opened". Been to the Lowell? Its restaurant just opened, still at 40% rooms. Is the Mandarin open yet? It was supposed to open in Oct but that got pushed back. How about broadway?

Yes, you can eat outdoors but how many places shuttered over the year for good? Now you can seat like what 25%-50% occupancy inside now I think?

yeah, the big apple is booming <sarcasm>

I'll admit, it's nice to not have the gestapo greeting you at the gate when you get off the plane though. I'll give you that.

Be honest dude, 2021 NYC is nothing compared to 2019 NYC. You know it, I know it, the world knows it.
I live in one of the outer boroughs and I can tell you life in NYC is pretty close to normal. Especially since we don’t rely on tourism as much as Manhattan does. Sure, a few restaurants and businesses have shut down (like anywhere else in the country or the world for that matter), but others have opened and except for everyone wearing masks and capacity limits at restaurants you’d be hard pressed to notice any real difference between today and 2019.