View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 01:36 PM
MTSTCK
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2019
Talking

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
If you’re ex military, go to a major! Nothing against USA Jet but it’s not for everyone. If you’ve never loaded a plane in the coldest of nights or been up for hours on end after being called at 2am to fly a 60/70/80s era aircraft, man are you in for a SURPRISE! Better have mad skills and the ability to stay awake FOREVER! Wait, you’re a Marine, right? It’s hard duty and night cargo flying takes years off your life. If not a major then perhaps NetJets, FlexJet or similar or go find a cushy 91 corporate job flying little and making lots! Go look at those aircraft USA jet flies. They are in decent shape but if you’ve never been in a 9er or Maddog, they are noisy and leak, A LOT! Bring a body sized Jimmyhat. Whatever you decide, thank you for your service. You deserve the best job out there, ALL our Vets do!
I appreciate the sentiment and the support for vets, but unfortunately, as a plopter guy (V-22), we do not have the same hours as some other TMS, or I would have to stay in another 3 years and a couple of deployments to get the same amount of flight hours to have enough for the Majors. Most guys in our community have to be well into their Major tour before they are likely to have the amount of hours.

As for the late nights and hard work, not an issue for me in order to get paid more than the regionals and get the flight time. More of a night owl myself anyways and growing up in Cleveland, little cold ain't hurt anyone lol