View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:45 PM
y5du
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by Strenyakov View Post
We are all sorry that warning people about GoJet is making it harder for you to get your recruiting bonuses. You have been the biggest apologist for Gojet since you got here. It didn't happen to you so it must not happen? Or is it that you are willing to look the other way to make money recruiting? Anyone wanting to warn others about TSH and Gojet must have had problems in training right? Why don't you argue the facts and not attack the messenger?

I pointed to real cases that went to court and reached a conclusion, a large judgment against Gojet or TSH. The cases did not involve new hires not making it through training but were all cases where TSH companies violated the law and screwed over employees. There are also many cases where suits were filed and settled. How about Melissa Davis v. Gojet, Eastern District of Missouri? On December 1, 2013, Davis experienced extreme pain on her right side, vomiting, and passed out. She was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with an abnormal heart rhythm. On Dec 2 she had someone call her supervisor to inform them that she was hospitalized for the arrhythmia and would not make her trip on the 3rd. On December 4, 2013, while Davis was still hospitalized, GoJet terminated her employment.
Gojet plead 8 affirmative defences, hoping one might work. "Plaintiff’s action is barred by estoppel in that Plaintiff’s own failure to satisfactorily perform her job requirements and regularly show up for work caused her termination." So being in the hospital is not a reason to miss work. "All of the damages allegedly sustained by Plaintiff could have been avoided by the principles of mitigation." Basically, she could have gone to work at Kentucky Fried Chicken so there are no damages. "There was a legitimate business reason for all actions of Defendant that Plaintiff claims are in violation of the FMLA." I love this one, "BUSINESS REASON" which I see as saying that we at Gojet can violate the law because it is good business to fire someone before we have to pay her medical bills that are covered under our self insured plan.

This is what GoJet has done to its employees, and there is room for more. Lots of airlines are starting classes in May, choose wisely.
I don't think anyone is giving recruiting bonuses currently but keep talking man, you just sound nuts. Its obvious that there are people on this site that have nothing better to do but complain about an airline that they don't work at or never have. Why don't you worry about yourself? I don't think anyone on here is taking any of your rants seriously. 🤡