Thread: AA Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 03:26 PM
El Peso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by victormike View Post
So who thinks that “for planning purposes” email they sent last week will stick? Delta moved their classes up to June and United is ahead of the game with May classes already. I don’t see how AA keeps the October dates given the progress we are seeing. If Europe decides to open up for vaccinated travelers in June/July I think they’ll hit a snag putting wides on even select routes since more narrows would
be needed to replace the domestic wide routes. The regionals are already in crisis staffing, I see that trickling over to mainline if they don’t act accordingly. I know none of you actually know anything but give me some hope that the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than it looks.
This part was actually addressed in the latest earnings call. Long haul markets have a roughly 7-9 month long booking window. If Europe does suddenly open up, it doesn’t equate to sudden vacation bookings last minute. Those summer vacations have already been booked elsewhere (HI, FL, MEX etc). It seems that AA has pretty much decided that EU is a wash for summer 2021, excluding some markets like ATH and LHR.