Old 05-02-2021, 04:27 PM
FatTireCowBoy
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by MinRest View Post
I am not angry at all lol. The reference was more directed to FlyFaclons, but NJA pilots in general like to sit on this throne claiming ultimate job security when NJA had a massive furlough not too long ago.

Surviving the pandemic without government aid is great , and my hat is off to NJA, they turned it round and operate much more safely. But the airlines all have loans to be paid back, and will pay them back. Security is a relative metric. My airline had one of the, if not the biggest warchest, of any airline. We didn't furlough, but we did take gov aid that we will pay back. Is my airline any less secure than NJA? The reality is, Birkshire Hathway owning NJA means that it is very hard to decipher the PNL to know just how well or not NJA is doing financially. There is a lot less transparency there, which has always made negotiations that much more difficult. Taking government money doesn't necessarily indicate how close or far from furlough a given company was.
That is awesome that NJA didn't take any money! My hat is off to you guy's and gal's!

No one wants to talk about the massive furlough at NJA or the lack of transparency getting handed down from Birkshire Hathaway when comparing the jet rental company to a legacy.