View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:49 AM
Dobbs18
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by ClappedOut145 View Post
It boils down to the fact that your company cannot isolate the scheduling of their pilots to where they fly for one specific carrier. Why should a EWR based pilot who flies almost exclusively for United receive an enhanced benefit on American? They shouldn't. And until YX can isolate their bases to where only bases X-Y-Z fly for AA, there should not be any change. Do you want flow next? It's not my problem if it costs YX more money or interrupts their business model. You’re a FFDC, build it into your next CPA with AA. Your company signed and agreement and now you're trying to whine yourselves into a better one.

Actions have consequences.
So I am a former regional guy at AA, and I tend to give the regional carriers a big backing when it comes to a lot of stuff, but in this case YX is being a little ridiculous. If YX flew exclusively for AA then yeah no problem, but they are literally out there flying under contract for our direct competition. Now I get it, that has nothing to do with YX pilots, but I fly for AA and you don't see me asking for enhanced travel benefits on Delta flights, or even better example, JB and Alaska. I was at 9E back in the day and we had NWA flying and Delta flying(pre-merger). Our ATL based pilots(delta flying) received benefits on Delta while all the other 9E pilots did not, it was like that back then and I had no problem with it...