View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 06:14 PM
TegridyFarms
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
The first 4 legs of my trip have OE on them for someone else. I'm flying with a line check airman. The guy getting OE is from another base and already checked in for the trip. I never received a release call so I called them. I was told I'll be released at the gate because it's IROPS. First of all, why is it IROPs? Because it's raining in May? Second, where is this in the contract? I'm obviously a commuter and don't want to commute up, commute back, then commute back up following day. Will they get me a hotel since they are forcing me to commute up and then making me pick trip back up next day or am I out of luck? This has to be one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while. Making me take airplane rides for no reason. I get that I'm getting paid, but I hate wasting time.
It’s stupid. This is their new game and has been standard practice for about a year. I know, dumb dumb dumb. Go. Sign in. Call the LCA. Tell him you’re at the airport. He will tell you to go home.

If you have some big kahunas on you, stay home and call the check airman. Tell him you’re gonna be 15 min late, ask if he wants you to come to the plane. He will tell you you’re released.

A friend of mine might have done that. I don’t know though. Or maybe someone else did it. I can’t remember.