View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 04:59 AM
Bravo3
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by TOGALOCK View Post
I realize that many regionals frown on going home on the weekends. Even if they say they are okay with it, you're looked at sideways if you do. This isn't the regionals. You will be treated like an adult here. If you want to go home on the weekends.. Go home. No one will fault you for it and, in fact, it's encouraged. If you are a few minutes late coming back from lunch or a break, you won't find the classroom door locked so you can't get back in. Don't make it a habit and the worst that will happen is that you will get your name on the "Beer Board". Once you're out on the line, you won't need to check in at your show time to prove that you are at the airport. As long as the flight goes out on time nobody will be looking for you.

Side note: One guy in my class had trouble getting back to Denver and missed the first few hours of class on a Monday morning. All that happened to him was that he got made fun of in front of the class and his name went on the "Beer Board" twice. The instructors worked with him to make up the few hours that he missed.

Speaking of the Beer Board, if you get the chance at the end of ground school to have your name (or one of them if you're up more than once) removed from the board by standing in front of the class and doing the "Ditch Button" dance, I highly recommend that you swallow your pride and do it. A round (or multiple rounds) of beers for the entire class plus instructors can get expensive. Welcome aboard!
Really? Must we put every detail on a public forum? The training center is owned by Airbus. Can’t see them liking the optics of a “beer board” within their training center. Hopefully your detailed insight won’t shine a light on what’s been a sensible honor system within our own program.