View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 05:12 AM
FlewUnderWires
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Furloughed, that’s absolutely fair. I recognize I come from a man extremely fortunate point of view of this entire situation. I’m sorry to hear about the furlough and impacts your life and hope are are already back flying or will be soon.

I didn’t lose a job or loved ones, but I think a lot of what drove my responses to this were feeling like a lost a year of spending time with my wife as she was was overloaded and constantly working on patients in the covid wards and helping support other healthcare workers who were both rapidly worsening. We both got lucky with the employment aspect of this and most of my experience of from seeing the medical side rather than the interpersonal or financial implications head on. At the same time I wish more were done to support the people that had lost jobs, quality of life and a year of important life events.

I’m sure that with everything the proper response lies somewhere in the middle. And I’m relieved that we are seeing the end of the tunnel. So I’ll back down from my soap box. And I recognize that all of the yelling from both sides mainly comes from places of wanting to give their best ideas for helping make things better.