View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 01:35 PM
brockenspectre
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: 25A

Originally Posted by TFAYD View Post
“United can only sell what the risk carrier makes available to sell, thus making the at risk carrier in control of its inventory. Overbooking authorizations, booking classes percentages, all controlled by the risk carrier on the segment they are operating.”

correct but why would OO artificially limit the inventory? It goes back to my point that EAS would not exists (at least not with 50 seaters) if it wasn’t for network connections. The economics of at risk is really a function of the network portion.

”Here is a quick question for you....do you happen to know why there are no longer any CRJ 200's flying under AA code anymore?”

I don’t know. I suspect they want two class service with spruced up 700s everywhere.
"why would OO artificially limit the inventory?" - for the same reasons any airline either limits inventory or overbooks. That is all part of revenue management. You overbook because your no-show percentage is high, or you limit seating capacity based on some sort of operational hindrance.

The AA 200 flying went away because the AA pilot union had a fit over us doing at risk flying, and having that control I have been talking about. AA didn't want the airplanes under contract, so that went away.