View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 01:50 PM
Flydafe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Thx AboveMins and your choice of titles is quite unique and apropos, at least for myself. Always prefer wx above mins and prefer living above minimums and not below of course. Like I mentioned before it works well for many and there most definitely need to be improvements which is undeniable. This gig is definitely not for everyone crossing multiple time zones/ 7, 10, 13, or more hours at a time gone 17 days or more, it definitely has its moments I kid you not. On the other hand multi-leg point to point domestic pax carrying with early departures or continuous late night red-eye flying and gone for only 3, 4, 5 days seems nice but having only a few days off in between and commute again isn’t for me specifically. (You live in domicile I totally get it, super plus). Just to mix my schedule up on occasion I will do a 60 day line with 3 shorter trips and less time off, but having 2 weeks off or more (19 days off this time, it just worked out) to fully forget about my profession does wonders psychologically. Hub turns aren’t for me either, but many enjoy sleeping in their own beds regardless if it’s during the day and they do stay home longer than I truthfully. We all have our priorities and I bet you can always find several folks on any of these airline forums anguishing about something particular within their outfit (rightfully so of course )Hopefully we can keep raising the bar and bring each other up in all areas. Apologies for dragging on, but it’s a lifestyle review from one meager cog in this environment.

Bottom Line is that everyone here is frustrated knowing this place has the potential to be the best place in the world to so called work, it all boils down to each of us holding that “winning lottery ticket!” You just make what you want of it, that’s all.
Interesting insights. I hated commuting to the crashpad and using an off day to commute up to or from ewr when I first started at Xjt. I hope to get on the 767 and see what those schedules are like. With the contract being up for modification who knows what god might come with the changes to improve things.