View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 04:01 AM
Hank Burley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by MOGuy View Post
Hey purple peeps,

I was hired at UA 1/7/20 right before the poop hit the turbine. Around March 2020 took a COLA and was able to return to previous job at the same position, thereby skipping first year pay at UA. Kept accruing seniority the last year and a half and now UA is hiring pretty significantly (they say 100/month indefinitely due to attrition.)

Just received the invite here to interview. I can hold out for another 6 mo while UA hired and still build my number. So in a tough choice. Obviously I will interview and I know the money will be significantly better at purple but besides the money my concerns are giving up close to 3 years seniority at UA to start at the bottom of purple and sacrificing potential QOL at UA. Clearly don’t have the job yet but given the opportunity I’m torn what to do. Family already been through hell last year and I want to give them the best direct route.

why I want purple:
-incredible company
-better stability
-no pax
-sooner chance to travel the world

my Concerns:
-first year pay
-giving up 3 yrs seniority (nearly)
-better seniority progression at UA
-stuck at the back curve of FDX hiring

im beyond thankful for this “dilemma” but I also want to make the best informed decision, should I get the offer, for my family.

appreciate any intel!
if you get hired at FedEx now why won’t you be able to start for another 1.5 years? People getting hired now are starting in three months. We still plan to hire almost another thousand people here so you would not be at the end of the hiring wave. If you are a committed commuter then I think it’s a no-brainer. Jump ship. I did and I have zero regrets. (I was actually in your same UA indoc.)