View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 01:36 PM
captnate702
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by hercretired View Post
Forgive the question but isn't Frontier a "major" now. I mean they fly the entire USA and have international presence in Caribbean and Central America.

With the arrival of the XLR, Frontier is a possible South America and "someday Europe" airline. The XLR is described by most as the modern Airbus version of the Boeing 757. So if someone yearns for "international", Frontier has it.
I would tend to agree with you, but there are lots of avgeek types that don't even consider WN a major - only the legacies earn the "major" airline designation. Shoot, they probably think WestJet isn't a major and they fly international wide bodies.

Just my two cents: F9 all the way. Better QOL, better schedules, better union, better management, and better pay. I fly a somewhat similar schedule (only day turns) and live in base at G4 and it is pretty good. Looks like F9 is in a very solid position to keep growing, probably the best position of any established airline (i.e., not commenting on Breeze or Avelo). But, I also have different priorities because of my family situation.