Thread: FlyExclusive
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 04:20 PM
tothebigblue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by sky303 View Post
Just came off IOE this past week. My thoughts so far are that FE is a busy, expanding operation where things will inevitably be a bit in flux, but at the moment I have very few complaints.

Everyone from indoc through my IOE captains has been professional and responsive when needed. Equipment/mx has been super solid in my fleet during my two-week jaunt. Concerns were addressed when brought to the appropriate channels and a grounded AC leading to an airline to swap planes was handled really smoothly. Safe flying and a well-presented product for the passengers. As they continue to get AC into company standard colors/interiors, this is definitely going to be a competitive product.

As they are growing, tech stuff is definitely still kinda a work in progress. Paper logs and fuel receipts getting mailed in at the end of rotations, and needing to utilize like five apps to get a flight off the ground seems a bit inefficient, but there are tech changes in the works to simplify these processes.

They are going to company-booked hotels (pilots still keep points, and it's Marriott/Hilton w/ CA preference), which does seem to be ruffling some feathers. This is definitely not my favorite change, but it's a trial and may be short-lived--to me, it's not a game changer as it stands.

Uniforms are going to a tie and white shirt, with an optional blazer to probably come. Looks fine to me--means I can pull my Cut Aboves out of the box I tossed them into. I do hope they settle on this for a while.

Pay is good for the industry, but probably will be due for another round or so of moderate increases if they intend to retain and continue to recruit folks with the hiring pace at other companies picking up steadily.

As for the day-to-day we weren't dogged, but definitely busy. Plenty of time for some fun on the road in some cool places, and I think only two min rest days over the course of my 15 days out. Not sure if that's entirely standard, and I know different fleets experience different QOLs on the road, but FWIW.

Everyone that wanted the 8/6 in my indoc got it immediately for whatever that's worth.

Overall, I'm super happy to be here, and my outlook is positive. If pay continues to increase as it has been with the expansion and the company sees continued success, I could see this being a forever home. At the very least, it's a good place to be before going to NJ or similar.

I haven't been here long, but I'd highly recommend it based on the experience I have accrued here so far.
Aside from the hotels, how does the company take care of pilots on the road? Are they stingy about catering? Is credit card usage limited for food?
Are guys needing to get receipts on every rotation?