View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 07:49 PM
303flyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012
Position: Happy

Posted this on the Frontier forum but I’ll quote myself here. Apologies for typos, typing this on my phone and not going to go over this essay after to correct it all

I have never heard of anyone going from Frontier to ACMI other than this one guy I guess on page 2 on the Frontier forum. What he fails to mention though is he left frontier on a bankruptcy contract. I had several acmi guys in my new hire class a few years ago.

Well let’s see. If you join now let’s take a look at 11 years from now on our current contracts.

year 12 747 FO Atlas 164/ Hr
Frontier FO A320 170 hr first 82. 212/hr after.

Atlas 747 Capt. 234 / hr.
Frontier A320 Capt. 270 / hr first 82 hours. 337 /hr after.

Atlas pilot 62 hour guarantee.
Frontier pilot 75 hour guarantee.

Atlas pilot 50% match to 10%.
Frontier Pilot 15% DC of gross pay regardless what she or he puts in.

16 vacation days for me got me the whole month off for 80hrs credit. Not to mention depending obviously on staffing the option to easily change your schedule into what you like and not work your award.

For me it wouldn’t even be a serious question. Now this being said you don’t know what the new contract will
look over at Atlas. God knows all awesome guys and girls over there more than deserve a fair contract over there and hopefully will get it soon. In which case it would be a more interesting comparison.

For me the much easier flying very good work rules, time at home and money makes it a no brainer for now. That said always follow your gut and hope it works out.