View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:43 PM
atpcliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Originally Posted by MD-11Loader View Post
Does Atlas actually have a reason to work with IBT after the decision comes out and the new contract is put together? It seems like they are filling classes and have no shortage of candidates, so why should they care about retention? I have an upcoming class date and also have an interview from a LCC. What is my motivation to go to 5Y other than heavy time? More so what is my motivation to stay when hiring is picking up across the industry?
The arbitrated contract will probably be a very modest improvement. IF that is the case, then a LOT of pilots will leave. We have hired a LOT of regional pilots that came here because they had to. If the contract is not great, almost all of them will leave. UAL is hiring this month, and the whole industry is in an upswing, with hiring everywhere. If the contract causes a lot of pilots to walk, then mgmt will have to come to the union for a better contract, just to maintain staffing levels.

The big question is, what does Amazon want? Will Amazon, or possibly a hedge fund, buy Atlas? If so, will it be better, or worse???