View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 06:58 AM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Longhornmaniac8 View Post
So to summarize, "keep business interests out of the jumpseat."

Proceeds to put business interests in your jumpseat priority.

The only way to get what you're saying you're advocating for is:

-Own Metal;
-OAL.

For the record I'd be perfectly fine with this.

The minute you start putting parents/sisters/yada yada yada you're inserting a business interest. You're either own metal or you're not.

It is once again awfully brazen for you to just out and out accuse two other major airlines of violating jumpseat agreements, especially when you *continue* to beg the question. Repeating a logical fallacy over and over again doesn't suddenly make it the truth.

So let's play Occam's Razor here. Which is more likely: That two major airlines have this wrong and are threatening disruption of the entire jumpseat process or that your sanctified jumpseat priority you keep posting and your definition of OAL in this context are both wrong?

I know where I'm placing my bets.

And the APA said no, and are cutting off their nose to spite their face in the process, but considering the situation is still evolving I don't see why you're trying to stifle discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
well, if we’re going to put contract business interests into the Jumpseat, both Alaska and Jetblue now carry AA passengers on codeshares, and AA doesn’t even have to have a FFD/CPA with them.

you offer 60 jets doing about 300 flights a day to under 100 AA destinations, many on routes shared with other contract, WO and mainline flights at other times of the day. You’re importance isn’t as big a deal since Parker started overlapping carriers in bases and routes.
AAG has over 960 hulls doing over 5,000 flights a day easy, on a global scale. You have a Jumpseat agreement because the APA sees some value in it. Reciprocal agreement simply means you agree to carry each others pilots... it has ZERO to do with the conditions, limitation, restrictions or any other contractual provision. Plenty have reciprocal agreements but are limited as D6L on the AAG side.