View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 07:57 PM
Circlingsky
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2021

Originally Posted by MTSTCK View Post
I appreciate the sentiment and the support for vets, but unfortunately, as a plopter guy (V-22), we do not have the same hours as some other TMS, or I would have to stay in another 3 years and a couple of deployments to get the same amount of flight hours to have enough for the Majors. Most guys in our community have to be well into their Major tour before they are likely to have the amount of hours.

As for the late nights and hard work, not an issue for me in order to get paid more than the regionals and get the flight time. More of a night owl myself anyways and growing up in Cleveland, little cold ain't hurt anyone lol
One thing to note is that the days ‘on’ - pilots are on a one-hour tether around the clock. Many trips are >12 hours and through WOCL, unscheduled and ‘be at work in an hour.’ This implies staying within a few highway exits away for most of the year. A regional reserve posture will be less hours where your phone is live - so I am not certain the difference in pay is a true correlation when the calculus is run. Likely a jump ball. Two different types of flying - and there are those who make each work for their situation.