Old 02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
PilotfsERJ
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: ERJ 145 F/O

Originally Posted by xkuzme1 View Post
I hope that it will put CHQ out of business along with all the other regonals.

ALL 70 seat jets should be flown at mainline airlines.

ALL 50 seat jets should be flown at mainline airlines.

Until 37, 50, 70, 76, 86, 90 seat jets are at main line airlines, nobody will have the careers that we all expect and most of us (except Go Jets) deserve.

I fly a 50 seat jet. I like my company, I like the airplane, but without a doubt I deserve more pay for what I do. We all do.

JO invented the "Regional Airline". How can any one of us be proud to follow in those footsteps.

If fly for ExpressJet. We have our problems just like any airline. I feel so strongly about this, that I commute 1000 miles out of my way to fly our "Branded" Mainline flights. That flying may succeed and it may not, but it feels good to know that I am not subcontracting anymore. I am not taking away a mainline seat. We are all a product of the way things are, but no one is trying to change it.

We have got to get out of this "I'm gonna get my 1000 PIC and move on" mentaility.

Rant over, but you wanted an opinion, well you may have got more than you asked for.

X
Blah Blah Blah sounds like somebody is jealous about Republic. Sorry we are taking your continental flying from you, maybe your CEO should've read the history books about regionals going branded. Smart move on your CEOs part, opening up a branded airline to compete with your own codeshare. Good luck out there buddy. Sorry if this offends anyone else I don't mean too, but nobody should EVER wish another pilot lose their job like this person did. We are all in this middle road career together.

Last edited by PilotfsERJ; 02-19-2008 at 03:46 PM.