View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 12:45 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Sparky123 View Post
Has anyone heard of someone getting hired at UPS without a college degree? Currently captain with PSA with 9000+ hours and part 121 experience, but no college degree because I spent all my time flying. Are they still requiring it? Should I work on a college degree just to have it or work on check airman, simulator instructor, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We absolutely have and continue to hire pilots without a bachelors degree. However, you have to stand out as a pilot. Having 9,000+ hours with no check airman or sim instructor time makes you look like a RJ guy who has been coasting for years. The guys who have no degree will be check airmen at multiple companies and probably have almost as much wide body international time as you have total. However, if you knock out a bachelor degree (doesn’t matter what, just accredited) and pick up a 747, 777, A380, or 767 type you will suddenly be competitive. Assuming you also grab the check airman title before leaving your current company. We do hire some guys straight from the regionals, but they have checked all the boxes (LCA, degree, etc).