View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:54 AM
usmc-sgt
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

I was part of the logten debacle as an early adopter.
- Pay $9.99 for the app or whatever it was
- Then get asked to pay something like $99 for “lifetime!” ....wait, I thought I already paid for the app?
- THEN get told I need to pay $74.99 EVERY YEAR to continue to use it...wait, haven’t I already paid for lifetime TWICE?

Told them it was absolutely trash and they gave me 3 years free and then told me to pound sand. It finally expires this week and I just switched to this:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/smart-...k/id1265793520

The interface is very similar to logten so it was an intuitive switch. Also was able to import every logten entry in about 2 minutes. Some cool features as well as printing options.

emailed the creator about my logten concerns and got this back quickly-

“Hi XXXXX, thanks for reaching out! I've actually heard from quite a few unhappy former LogTen Pro users who have switched to Smart Logbook. I give you my word that if you purchase my app, you'll be entitled to use it as long as you like, without paying again. It's a one-time purchase that applies to your current device as well as new devices. The optional sync subscription is a recurring charge, but the app is fully functional without it (you just wouldn't get automatic backup/sync of your logbook data). FWIW, the sync subscription is pretty inexpensive ($14.99/yr), and it comes with the first year for free.”