View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 01:54 PM
cargoforlife
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
It should be clear to anyone who attended this morning's GoToMeeting "PUB Call" that the MEC Chairman and Negotiating Committee Chairman are too ashamed to admit that they are focused on a variable benefit plan.

Once again we heard that they have all the smart people on their team, and us dumb pilots should just shut up, stop asking questions, and color.

This is not going to be pretty.

(I asked the following question:

"In every hub turn meeting and Joint Council Meeting I have attended where there was a presentation about a Variable Benefit Plan, and in every video, podcast, or written communication I have watched, listened to, or read, the variable benefit plan or Stabilized Benefit plan has never been referred to as a Defined Benefit plan. Since you (speaking to Chase) in your Chairman's message referred to our future retirement package as consisting of a combination of a Defined Benefit plan and a Defined Contribution plan, and the Openers Document uses the same Defined Benefit language, can you please clarify. Have you, the Negotiating Committee, and the MEC shifted away from the variable or stabilized plans back towards improving the A Plan that we currently have, or are you trying to convince someone that a variable benefit plan is a Defined Benefit plan?"

The MEC Chairman deflected with a personal attack.)

Is this recorded anywhere? I want to listen to this.