Thread: Flow confirmed
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 07:46 PM
KSCessnaDriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by Me Air Da View Post
If you’re going to be a Delta pilot and not an Endeavor lifer wouldn’t you agree that Scope matters? Seriously how short-sighted is this that you cannot see what you’re saying here?

If your plan is to be a Delta pilot than all this matters. I was a brand new captain at 9E when management said “great news guys we now have priority on standby ahead of Delta retirees!” But it wasn’t great news, because I, like many of you, want to be at and retire from Delta, not Endeavor. Similarly, those who have the goal of being at Delta should realize how bad it is when mainline loses Scope.

I can rant about this all day long, but I want anyone who honestly who believes they have a good shot at going to Delta to realize this. YOU NEED TO STOP THINKING LIKE A REGIONAL PILOT AND THINK LIKE A DELTA PILOT. Sorry for the caps but seriously, my experience from being at 9E for the 4 years I did was that we hired the best of the regional industry and I still believe 9E pilots are a cut above the rest. If you are close to your DGI (2.5 years or less) flow is going to hold you back thousands of seniority numbers at Dal.
There's way more to life that a number at mainline. Maybe you should realize that...