Old 02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC

Originally Posted by HercDriver130 View Post
First .....NEVER say never....

Second..... WHO says this flying belongs at mainline.... NOT mainline or they would be flying it.... get a grip this industry has been in constant change for 30 years and will be for the next 30..... HALF the problem is calling companies like RAH...SKW.... et al ..... REGIONAL...they are not regional and havent been for some time..... the industry has changed and you can not nor will they put the proverbial GENIE back in the bottle... does that make it right... who knows... what I do know is what we have today.... and before you flame me I was flying 40 seat turbo props over 13 years ago... when these companies WERE regional in nature...... they arent anymore because mainline and MAINLINE pilots did not want it.......

so MR XJT..... since you hope it puts us all out of a job... I will expect to see you handing in your resignation the day merger goes thru........
And while i agree that any company that can be seen on either coast, and any pilot that might find himself crossing 2 timezones in a day is not a "regional" airplanes, we seem to be flying "mainline"-esqe airlines, for regional wages....

Ever confuse a 170 for a 737 while taxing in or out of an airport? God knows i have.