Thread: 700/900 rates.
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 07:10 PM
airworld22
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
Wby would an airline spend that money when they don’t have to? There are hundreds and hundreds of qualified and current pilots looking for jobs as we speak.

I don’t mean to be rude but you aren’t special or unique. There are pilots with 10,000+ hours of 121 time that aren’t getting calls back from regional airlines right now. Your attitude about all of this is honestly strange and you seem to have low SA about the current state of the industry. Yes things are getting better, but there are still a ton more qualified applicants than there are jobs this very moment in time. And all of them require you to be current.

Flip the script here for a second... From a recruiter’s perspective, why would you give someone the time of day, no matter how much previous experience they have when they applied but don’t meet the basic minimums? If being current is a minimum requirement then why wouldn’t you go out and get current before applying? Do you really want to work here if you aren’t even current? I already have too many questions and I have a stack of resumes from pilots I have no questions about. NEXT.
The basic minimums? I do meet the basic minimums.

“Recency of experience will be considered”.

“considered” does not mean required. Change that language and stop wasting my time.

I have no problem going to SIMCOM and paying out of pocket for that.

Clearly this is not about solutions. It’s about poor culture that needs to be corrected.