Thread: PNCL interview
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:26 AM
norskman2
No Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by FedUp View Post
So, I just got the email for an interview. I know right now everything is speculation BUT...anyone have any thoughts on what may happen to PNCL if a merger were to take place? I know there would be potential base closures but what would happen to PNCL? As I said, I know it is all speculation right now but I am very excited to have an interview and it would suck to get in and then have something happen just to leave and be back in the job hunt. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Also, anyone have any advise on the interview itself or heads up on it. Thanks again in advance.......
The merger will likely have little negative effect, and could end up being a positive. 9E's service agreements with NWA & Delta are 10-year agreements. Any reduction in regional flying will likely come out of the other 8 regionals serving NWA or Delta. All current NWA hubs apparently will remain as hubs.

The contract, however, is another matter. Pilots are overwhelmingly approved a strike vote. Negotiations have been dragging for on a long time. On the other hand, if and when a new contract is signed, life will likely be significantly improved here, including second and third year FO pay.