Thread: PUB call 18 May 2021

PurpleToolBox , 05-21-2021 01:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off
PurpleToolBox
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2013
Quote: Personally, I think the idea behind never taking the first deal is humorous. If Our NC was taking the first deal, well, we'd be voting on a TA next month.
Respectfully, you are quite literally the most ignorant person, yes man, military only experienced pilot I've ever met. Worse, I know you, you should know me by now, we have several military peers, but our paths never crossed in the military that I can recall.

I don't give a flip how many deals the company and the union have gone back and forth on. I .. we ... are talking about the first deal sent to the FEDEX PILOTS. Let's have some unity for God's sake!

Quote: So, if the TA has a modification to our Pension to a PSPP style plan, and it's a change that's overwhelmingly rejected by FedEx Pilots....isn't that a Good thing?
YES !!! It would be a good thing. The pilots would be unanimous in voicing their opinion to both the union and the company. We have never been directly polled on the PSPP versus our existing Defined Benefit Plan. I've attended nearly every single event possible the union has had since the inception of the "Variable Annuity" plan came into play and at every event I've been to/logged in for, the FedEx pilots in attendance were very skeptical or against it completely.

Quote: And won't that be a Good Thing?

I mean, 5 years ago Delta's MEC wanted to shift compensation away from relying on Profit Sharing in exchange for higher pay rates and delivered a TA to do so. And modifying the Profit Sharing formula was overwhelmingly rejected by the Pilots and that TA was voted down, and the NC\etc replaced and a new TA was reached.
YES !!! It was a very good thing. They kept their profit sharing, ended up negotiating much higher pay rates (higher than ours), increased their defined contribution and kept the ability to bid with Check Airman so as to get dropped from their schedule. But they did have to start validating their sick time with doctor's notes (sounds familiar).

Oh, but you say their total compensation is much less than ours. Are you so sure? There's a lot of little bennies in the Delta Pilots contract that we don't have. But YOU WOULDN'T KNOW ... Because you aren't a nerd Never Ever Real Delta (a shout out to my bros who know) and your buddy at Delta who feeds you information has been wrong a couple of times on Delta's contract.

Just think differences in sitting reserve at each company ... HUGE. The travel benefits. Imagine being able to take your entire family (wife, kids) (first class/business class if available) to any Delta destination up to six times a year on S2 priority passes. Unlimited S3 passes (wife, kids, parents) (if there's a seat available, you're going). HUGE

Oh, but we don't have to deal with flight attendants and passengers blah blah blah (ok, so let's negotiate down our job). (rolls eyes)

I am literally tired of going round and round with you. It is as if you work for management when you discuss the contract here at FedEx.