View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 07:59 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by theUpsideDown View Post
Delta keeps trying to get Boeing for Airbus prices, which Boeing is sort of ok with but the engine manufacturing groups just don't wanna deal with Deltas combative price negotiations.

I think the reality is, Delta would rather wait for something to fall in their lap last minute. They couldnt get Boeing wrapped up quickly during the pandemic (which some is more engine purchase problems not Boeing i get it) so IDK if is ever going to work out. If Airbus wants to give us cheap planes with engines on them already that's just what we will do.

This is it for a decade on clean sheet designs, theres no 797 walking through that door for 20 years, so get used to the fleet type and pray someone sells 787s on the cheap.
This is a solid assessment. A big reason for Delta recent success is that Delta Management is absolutely Savage in negotiations especially when it comes to fleet acquisition costs. They give no quarter and want no meat left on your bones after they are done eating. Delta ate up Bombardier so badly for the 220 Boeing sued in protest

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk