View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 01:50 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by UnusualAttitude View Post

How much does ALPA National spend on the magazine that everyone throws away before opening every month? Can’t think of the last worthwhile article in there.

Originally Posted by UnusualAttitude View Post

My point was that the monthly mag could also be sent in pdf format and save a lot of postage and printing. Granted, it’s probably printed in a Union shop and part of a deal with the AFL-CIO.

If it offends you that much to receive the magazine in the mail, I can tell you how to stop it.

Log in to your ALPA website using your ALPA member number and change your communication preferences.

I'll step you through it. Navigate to fdx.alpa.org, and click on "Login". Enter your member number or alpa.org email address and password.

(If you have forgotten your Member Number or Password, click on the appropriate links there to recover them.)

Once logged in, click on "Quick Links" in the upper left-hand corner of the page to drop down a list of ... quick links ... and click on "My ALPA."

Click on the Blue box labeled "Member Info".

Along the bottom of the page, click on "Mail/Email Prefs"

The top of the page won't change, but if you scroll down you'll see that there is a long list of choices to make.

First, this is the place to update your e-mail address if you need to. If you haven't been receiving weekly e-mails from the MEC, this is where to fix it.

Let me pause from the directions for cancelling the printed magazine to point out that if you have not been receiving the ALPA Magazine in your e-mail every month, it may be because your e-mail address on file is incorrect, or maybe you don't have the 4th item (ALPAMagazine - Electronic Distribution of the online version of the Air Line Pilot Magazine) checked. Make sure it's checked if you want to receive the e-mail version.

Beneath the list of e-mail choices is a box labeled "Communication Preference."

The first is "Decline ALPA Magazine", and the default answer is "No". If you want to change it (or any of the other four choices), you need to click on the "+ Update" button on the bottom, and then you'll see that you can change any of the answers. Once you've changed "No" to "Yes", click on the blue "Submit" button.

Perhaps your mailman will thank you. I wouldn't hold my breath.

This shortcut may help get you to the pertinent page, but you'll still need to log in. https://mbronly.alpa.org/Home/Index

Oh, and if you'll look at the bottom of the monthly ALPA Magazine e-mail, you'll find links to Access Air Line Pilot Online, to download Air Line Pilot PDF, and to manage your email preferences/unsubscribe. The last link will take you directly to the same place where I just led you.

So, 3 ways to get there. I hope one of them helps.