View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 03:14 AM
Freighthumper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Originally Posted by FutureFDX View Post
Thanks for the reassuring answers, I should be able to get this online degree in a year or two as well as getting my commercial, then get done with UPT by 19-20 build time in the military and then I might consider the purple runway or regional by 21 or 22 and build more time and hopefully by 25 all my hard work might pay off and be lucky enough to get the job at FedEx. I saw someone mention you need a PE to get the interview, what exactly is a PE? Also thanks to anyone who is willing to help me on my journey by giving me advice or guidance, wish you all the best 😉
Your not going to be able to do any flying in the military without a 4 year degree. Even online, that’s a a bit overly optimistic in a year or two. Have you thought about getting your degree and ratings then applying for a spot in the guard? That could be a good route without committing to the military up front. You also know what your signing up for. It would be quite a shock to sign on the dotted line and then get assigned drones instead of airplanes.

PE is a Personal Endorsement from current FedEx pilot. You have to know someone personally(or at least should have to) and have to have flown with them to get one.