View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 10:23 PM
peaches
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in communication, we've been super busy overall and haven't taken our foot off the pedal since all this stuff started. In fact, as you can see, we've been busy hiring.

To answer some of the questions...

- Have we filled the FO slot in LZU? To my knowledge, we have not filled that position. If it is still on the official quest job page I would consider the position open.

- What is the Dallas position about? We were told it is a first officer position. The volume of cargo on the flights that are based in Dallas has increased dramatically. The nights would go faster and put less strain on the captain if we had a second crew member.

- What aircraft does the Dallas base fly? Due to the increase in volume as stated above, the Dallas base has switched to the PC12 to accommodate. I believe both Captains are still current on the Phenom 100, but they hardly if at all fly them.

- What is the Captain-First Officer I job title mean? I do think this has some translation error between the flight team and our HR team but essentially we consider all of our First Officers future captains. The First Officer program is designed to give a lower-timed pilot real-world experience into the type of weather and scenarios we run into constantly so as to prepare the pilot to become a captain. We are not in the business of helping pilots build time to reach the regionals. Our First Officer program has been quite successful. Since late 2018, ALL SIX OF OUR FIRST OFFICERS HAVE UPGRADED TO CAPTAIN and are still flying with us today across multiple bases.

-
What is with these new postings.. they aren't that informative as they use to be? Quest hired a head hunter company about a year ago that hasn't seemed to post aviation listing before. If you see a posting that is not on the quest hiring page I would read it with a grain of salt. They also aren't always up to date on when an opening is no longer open so they continuously post for a job that is no longer availabe.

-
What jobs are currently or soon to be available? Well, there is the LZU and DAL FO slot. There is also talk that we may be hiring another FO shortly in RDG so stay tuned for that posting.

Hope This answers the question yall have, I will try to jump on here more frequently with updates.

Cheers