View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 08:55 AM
Longhornmaniac8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: Guppy

Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
What’s fair/right is debatable. I think the point they’re making is “our flights” for republic don’t exist.
For the jumpseat that is completely untrue. They are our flights, not AA's, for all matters pertaining to the jumpseat. That is, quite simply, the first rule of the jumpseat.

This is actually the first time I've explicitly seen first hand anyone try and argue that the jumpseat belongs to any carrier other than the operating carrier.

It's a startling sense of entitlement that has no place in the industry.

The jumpseats on Republic-operated flights will be governed by Republic captains, and therefore, Republic policies and procedures. None of AAG, Delta, United, or any other carrier have any say on how our jumpseat will be awarded.

Cujo keeps saying "it's over" because the APA walked away. The negotiations are over, that is apparently true, but this situation is over with Republic changing their FOM to mirror the priority we're granted on AAG jumpseats. Any difficulties that arise therefrom are the responsibility of AAG to rectify.

At least we've dispelled the notion Republic is denying anyone the jumpseat...all AAG pilots will continue to be welcome on Republic jumpseats in the proper priority order as governed by our FOM.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk