View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Tankerds
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by WinggedHussars View Post
I have an upcoming class date with gama for the King Air.

I have been using the company-provided headsets at my previous two 121 jobs. Both of those have been jets. I understand turboprops are significantly louder. Does the company have headsets on the aircraft and if so are they enough? Should I look into getting a good pair of ANR headsets for myself?

Are there any delays for being sent out for OE at the moment after training?

Any other tips or info anyone deems useful would also be appreciated. Feel free to reply here or private message me.

I am very accustomed to syle of 121 training programs, and it sounded like the training here runs very similarly. That said... I am coming from a wide body and I have never flown a turboprop. I could use some pointers and a bit more relevant perspective.

Don’t buy a headset, all aircraft have Bose a20 and they’re great. I don’t believe there are any training delays right now, but others in the training dept on here will know more.

My only advice to you as another former 121 guy, be prepared for a completely different kind of flying. There’s very little hand holding, a lot more hard work and sweat for a lot less pay. Be ready to load bags, cleanup after passengers and change the lav. You will sweat a lot, have much longer days then is legally allowed in 121 (up to 14 hours with 5-6 legs potentially) followed by min rest (10 hours) for multiple days in a row. It’s fun flying, far more fun then the typical 121 stuff, but it’s a lot more work.