Old 06-02-2021, 10:09 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Speed Select View Post
So, “what happens next time?”

I know billions of people are presently being impacted by CV. However, I’m comfortable saying the pandemic has ended in the US. We’re in the psychological recovery period which will extend into flu season. Then what?
*Hopefully* .gov will have a better plan for next time. Whatever you want to say about TSA, Intel, Iraq, Afghan, etc the bad guys have not come close to repeating a 9/11 here. About the best they could do was Boston.

Plan A should be take the fight to the "enemy", ie get ahead of future bugs (whether they live in labs or the wild). Plan B would be the response.

Presumably such a plan should include whole of government and whole of society response, so they'll have a matrix for when and where to offer what types of aid... so you don't have congress critters holding up vital medical and financial aid for museum, performing arts, etc.

Originally Posted by Speed Select View Post
From now on there will always be double maskers in our society.
Asians have been doing that for as long as I can remember, a few won't hurt anything. Helps to identify people I probably don't want to talk to anyway.