View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 12:29 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Flyinguy View Post
Give me the info, let me decide the risk/reward, and don’t shame, or propaganda to shame/influence my decision.
I've put a lot of effort in digesting the available info from the perspective of someone with previous professional experience and sharing that here, because while most of our lives don't depend on vaccines, most of our careers do (not counting cargo). I certainly don't have all the answers but I have a good understanding of the left and right lateral limits of technical reality, and also the statistical odds in the grey areas. At this point the vaccines are good, probability of long-term effects negligible, and we really only have to worry about covid mutations... but even then it's not particularly easy to mutate a core functional component (the spike) and still have it work well on your victims.

If the vaccines targeted some other part of the virus then mutations might be more of a risk. Analogy: consider an anti-tank weapon that targets the tank's heat signature. You might be able to mask the signature and evade the weapon. But if the weapon targets the tank's gun barrel, that's harder... that's core functionality of the tank, and it's hard to hide or modify.

Originally Posted by Flyinguy View Post
If the private company wants to ban non-vaccinated folks, I don’t care. Capitalism will sort that out. But the govt should have no official say nor should they incentivize or punish to attain their will. But that’s a whole different topic.
I've said that many times. Also pointed out that it doesn't apply outside our borders, which could be an issue for some.