Thread: Hiring Resuming
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 05:28 AM
pitchattitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by AV8R72 View Post
When RW walks into INDOC day 1 and says “welcome to AA, you’ll be on their list within 5 years” it easy to see why they feel entitled.

I knew it was unlikely, but I thought with the shortage it may get close. Hell at this point my 7.5 year union predicted flow sounds good.

I do think we’re owed answers from RW & Co about what they’re going to do to make good on their promises. We all know it won’t be 5 years, but what are they willing to do to try and speed it up
I didn’t realize that RW was still perpetrating the life AFTER they got you in the door. But I had always questioned their math. As dera pointed out it’s pretty clear that when they are hiring more than flowing, the length of time to be able to flow will go up. Even if they get a pass on the year and a half now it will be without any hiring at AA due to the ‘Rona, there has never been, nor will there ever be any way that Envoy can make ANYONE, including the 2016 hires flow in five years of AA hiring. That’s a lot of people they have to move out before they can flow any of the 2018-19 hires with 60 plus a month in class. And the number of flows per month with that group of pilots only decreases and will likely be even lower than most anticipated as Envoy has shrunk and shows no real indication that it will grow any time soon (if ever) back to pre pandemic levels that flow numbers are predicated on.