View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Superpilot92
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
I thought I posted the NWA retirements (from a NWA pilot) on another thread. It wasn't that great and certainly a smaller number than either airline's growth number and both airlines need to get to a staffing level that provides for flying 100% of the schedule (a number neither airline had last year).

As far as your final number, that depends on your age... and would you rather be #10 at the World's Largest Airline, or #3 at Delta? There will be more choices at the combined airline if it happens.

Internally and externally Delta management has been writing that they do not need this merger and if the job security and seniority of Delta employees (a point was made to include pilots this time) is not ensured the merger will NOT happen.

They seem perfectly happy to continue with their stand alone plan.

But hey - Steenland gets to keep his job - so I'm sure somebody's happy.

I agree with you except the numbers you posted where assuming all pilots will fly to 65 and the simple fact is alot of our retirements are early outs meaning pre-60. Hopefully this gets squared away and is relatively fair to everyone.

Main thing is dont believe a BS newspaper, believe what the MEC tells you. Also another KEY thing that needs to come out of this is a LARGE pilot group who stands together and finally takes back our careers.