View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:10 AM
kaputt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Don’t lie on your application and don’t volunteer anything they don’t ask for that you think might be detrimental. They are not supposed to hold Reserve status against you - by law - but proving it if you are discriminated against can be difficult as an individual. But making them ask - even if they do discriminate - at least puts you in a big enough group that proving such discrimination is now possible.
Appreciate the response. Makes senses, and yeah I have zero intention of lying. Most of the applications I have looked at have basic legal questions like “are you a veteran?”, “we’re you discharged from active duty in the last year?”, etc... but none specifically ask if I am a current reservist. My reserve job also has absolutely nothing to do with aviation so to some extent it feels like it could do more harm than good on the resume. But on the flip side I don’t know what the ramifications would be for getting hired, accepting the job, and then letting them know I’m also a reservist and will have to do my IMA “drills” at some future date down the road.