View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 02:02 PM
Roach
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2021
Default As tactfully as I can reply…

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
You've got children talking about wearing kneeboards, as if they're still student pilots, and who can't be bothered to own or use a simple tool of the trade that every pilot should be supplying himself; a headset.

An employer may put headsets in the airplane, and in rare circumstances, hard wire them in to ensure that the headsets aren't removed, and that only those headsets get used.

We are in a time when the FAA has waived oxygen mask requirements to preclude the necessity of crew infecting one another. Having one's own headset, with one's own mic and mic muff and ear seals and headband, is not only prudent, but responsible. To fail to bring one's own headset is laziness.

Perhaps it's time to put on the big boy pants.
Or perhaps your experience is more limited than those posing legitimate questions. For all I know Gama issues headsets, as my previous two employers did. As for knee boards, to each his own, but if it helps someone keep track of clearances, frequencies and what not would you not rather have someone backing you up to the best of their ability? Simmer down Mr Judgy-judgerton.

Roach