View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 03:59 AM
seekingblue
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: fifi whisperer

Originally Posted by Roy Biggins View Post
The fact is, pilots have a long history of stabbing each other in the back for selfish reasons. Management knows this. I blame ALPA and our reps specifically (most of them) for running that pile of sh!t out for a vote. It was demoralizing to see 47% of us willingly hand over scope for essentially nothing. Oh wait....more flying. Outside of the 191, this MEC is a joke.

lots to unpack here….

I think it’s safe to say you and I are on very different sides of this vote. Not trying to change your mind or your viewpoint, but rather give you insight into the mind of a yes voter. Despite 47% of us voting yes, very few of us actually are willing to be public about it.

My few points to give everyone insight into my thought process-

1) why do you consider this LOA a back stabbing for selfish reasons? Aren’t all our gains selfish? Isn’t it selfish that I want the highest pay possible? Look— I wanted this LOA to pass for one specific reason: growth. More airplanes, more pilots, more block hours— with added protections to not roll back numbers. Selfish or not, this is good for us as a pilot group. More upgrades, more new hires, and more VDA’s if that is your thing.

2) several of you have stated we are handing over scope “for essentially nothing.” First off, it was a limited agreement that the union can still quash after 5 years. Still no RJ’s in JetBlue paint. I respect your position, but I think scope is a trigger word for many of you. I’d invite you to look at the risks given the wording, the extent scope is being given away, and the union’s ability to take back said scope.

3)I’m sorry you felt “demoralized” by my voting yes. I assure you, I voted yes for the same reason you voted no— I want what is best for the pilot group.