View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 05:55 AM
ASACapt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by 4thgenaviator View Post
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

I’m not afraid of hard work. Long days don’t scare me. The ONLY thing that scares me about NJ is the 7 days away. That’s it. Money is cool, but I’m about QOL and predictability. I just don’t know that I’ll get both of those fairly quickly with a major. I don’t want to spend 6 years getting to a base that I want just to have missed my kids growing up.

Being gone 7 days is a very valid concern. I’m just going to be ho eat tell you that you will work 7 days. The funny thing is I was a reserve regional PIC when Delta pulled out of DFW where I was a line holder. I found myself doing a 2 leg commute to reserve in ATL with about 1100 other crew members. It was miserable.

My 4 days on reserve with commuting on my days off on each end sealed the deal for me to go the NetJets. But that was 2006 and were were booming then. I had no idea I’d still be here in 2021.

Things have changed a lot since 2006 such as commuting clauses in airline pilot contracts. But so has the quality of life and pilot contracts at NJ. The money and QOL for me is great. I’m on the 7/7. Overall, I am happy I stayed, but I’m making a decision as a 2006 hire, not a 2021 hire.

They all have their pros and cons. Seeing how NetJets did financially without any Govt assistance sealed the deal for me. Not one airline would’ve survived without a bailout while NJ never took a dime. Just ask MinRest how he’s enjoying his Govt subsidized vacation. Might as well be on welfare too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk