Thread: Delta or United
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 01:59 PM
ClearCreek
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by CAirBear View Post
🥱. Cool.

My hometown to base is mainly AA metal. It is always humorous to hear them whining about things at AA and then asking me how things are at NK and if we deal with this BS or that BS etc.

I explain to them our work rules, show them my schedule, the ability to do whatever I want (95% of the time) with my schedule. It’s always funny to see the looks on their faces. People don’t know what they don’t know.

NK is my career destination without any doubt. I spent 2.5 years at Allegiant so NK isn’t my first “major” job.

Irregardless of slightly lower pay (current book) (than the Big 3) I’m still going to be sitting on a multi-million dollar retirement account.

Also, 2019, last full year pre Covid, only 24 guys or so moved on. That isn’t an accident. The people I've met and flown with are actually happy here. Don’t believe me?

I spent 2.5 years at Allegiant. Take a wild guess how many left each and every year? It was a significant number. The bottom was a revolving door for certain.

Anyone hired at an ULCC/LCC or Legacy is going to make a lot of money and have a great career. People need to stop the dick measuring contest - Legacy vs anyone else.

Way back in the day Southwest was an awful awful place to work and anyone that willingly stayed was considered a moron. Funny.
Anyone who says “irregardless” shouldn’t opine on the state of the industry.