View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by caddis View Post
As far as placing people on the senority list by pay and equipment I doubt it will happen. Yes you have new hires going to the right seat of the ER in New York but you also have 2000 hires sitting on the -88. So do you punish your guys for bidding lifestyle over paycheck?
Folks on other boards have played with the concept of a scenario where everyone bid the most senior equipment they could hold - then doing a equipment ratio. That would answer your concern about folks who bid QOL.

No one gives a crud about the 2007 hires, but for the guy who chased down a Delta job because he wanted 767ER flying it is a tough break to be told "you're going to Detroit on a DC-9," after all, that is not the job he signed up for. At the same time, a guy on the DC-9 hired in early 2007 could hold a good block on a 767ER in New York - $58 v/s $81 per hour for starters - one heck of a windfall. The career whipsaw at the bottom end is really wild - any ideas on how we fix that?

I think we will all have jobs and there will be growth at both airlines. I just hope that you keep your job and I keep my job. No forced trading, no displacements.