View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 06:21 AM
Duffman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by sanicom3205 View Post
I don’t have the time to check your math, but 20% faster is HUGE. Seniority is everything at AA - unlike Piedmont. It’s the difference of hundred of thousands of dollars a year and significantly kore time at home - multiplied by years.

I get it, things are sub standard at Piedmont. I’m not going to sit here and act like it’s the best place to work. At the end of the day, however, you should recognize that your number one goal should be to get to wherever you want to work as fast as you can. If AA is that place for you, 20% makes an enormous difference. Again, I’m not checking your math or anything, but by your own numbers it’s the place to be.
This is true if you wait for the flow. With a 4-5 year flow, PDT knows how to dangle carrots at the right time to keep you in. When the timeline is 1 yr to finish OE, 2 more years to upgrade, then 2ish years as a CA making close to 6 figures and you know you're going to flow, there isn't a lot of motivation to bust your butt on overnights after 6-leg days to polish your resumes so you can maybe get the call 6 months earlier. But because COVID gave everyone so much time and threw so much doubt in the flow, I think a lot of pilots did the prep and got their apps out. Because the flow time is now highly speculative, I also think we're gonna have a hard time attracting new hires if we wait until everyone else is hiring. I also think COVID made LCCs a lot more attractive because we all saw how well their business models work.