Thread: Side Hustle
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 05:44 PM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Are you looking for a break from the medical experts, politicians and company shills filling up the other threads?

-My one month experiment with iron condors was an up and down roller coaster. I'm not sure the daily commitment to a brokerage screen fits my personality. Of course neither does daily commitment to diet and exercise.

-Is anyone taking advantage of the low margin rates at IBKR to buy dividend stocks?

-Doge and Bitcoin have been entertaining. Did anybody play DOGE over the Elon Musk SNL episode?

-My investment in bottles of Blanton's has done so well, I can't afford to drink any of them.

-The real estate market is on fire. How long will it last? Will the drop in lumber prices cool things down? I tried a 1031 into an airplane hangar, but was grossly outbid.
-Real Estate is horrendous right now. Folks are desperate to find a home at these low rates and are willing to pay nosebleed prices. Investment property is in a similar boat. Have you looked into Self Storage? That seems to be doing decent.

-short term trading is not my style. Like you suggested, daily fixations on charts does not sound fun. Lately have been reading 10ks and investor presentations learning about different businesses in sectors/countries that seem to have value. Lots of great deals out there, especially internationally. My best idea is BABA Deep ITM LEAPS(equity substitution). Alibaba seems deeply under valued and I have high conviction it will go up substantially so I levered up with LEAPS.
-I might be alittle old skool but I don't think Margin and Stocks are a good combination. Maybe for small bets on options here and there but not for dividend stocks. Margin works much better in Real Estate.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk