Thread: Which Regionals are still hiring a lot of pilots?

soon2bfo , 02-21-2008 06:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off
soon2bfo
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2006
  • Position
    Right Seat... Forever
Quote: I have strongly considered going to ASA, but I have heard that to commute from SLC to ATL costs around $50 a week due to some new changes Delta made. I am not exactly sure though. I like the fact that they have a new contract, and some of the better work rules and pay when it comes to regionals. I don't like that they only have one domicile, and I can't really see myself living in ATL...but you never know, I have never been outside the airport there! I may be making a snap judgment.
I have also read on these forums that the reserve times are getting long and that new pilots aren't flying very much? Atleast I think it was ASA I was reading about.
You have to pay a $50 fee annually to be able to list, but if you are commuting you will still be able to ride for free. If you are actually listing for the back it may end up costing you though. Take it from me though the SLC-ATL commute would get really old really fast. Is the CRJ the appeal there? A commute to ORD would work out for you, but going out of your time zone east means you will spend a lot of nights in a crash pad.

What are your times? What about XJT? They have west coast bases too.