View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 06:53 AM
Jjfreddy21
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

We all screw up, some worse than others, and mine was particularly a big mistake that could have been prevented. I understand there needs to be a line drawn in the sand somewhere, and I crossed that line and am paying the price for that. But after reading some of the assumptions being made earlier in this thread I wanted to speak up. I didn’t want SkyWest dictating a portrayal of me in a way that only benefits the narrative that best suits them.

I was asked in my exit interview whether I thought ERJ FOs should be allowed to upgrade/transition to the CRJ. I said yes. Numerous people before me had done it successfully, and numerous people I’m sure after me had done it successfully as well. The notion that 175 pilots are inherently lazy, and can’t fly an airplane is complete BS. Although the CRJ training department does a great job of spreading that misinformation.

To those that are looking into doing it, I’m not trying to scare you. I’m a rare case. Don’t let it hold you back from doing what you think is best for you.