Thread: A350s
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 09:55 AM
StarClipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by OKLATEX View Post
BC (Before COVID) I heard the rumor that A330s/A321s had been approved by the BOD as a fleet renewal for the MD-11/757.

I could see the A321s being a good 757 replacement as the bellies are containerized as opposed to bulk loading the 757. Takes a LONG time to bulk load a 757 Belly.

Have a hard time believe the company would want to add another Airbus fleet to replace the MDs though, whether it is the A330 or A350. The 777X Freighter (Based on the 777-8) is being pitched to QATAR as they looking at a fleet renewal. I believe for both the A350 and 777X they would enter into service in 2025. Why would we add the complexity and cost of an additional fleet, specially one that flies International routes? Of course FDX like all airlines loves a good deal. Further, wingspan lengths are always an issue with us. I haven’t looked at the 777X, but folding wing tips would seem to address/help that issue.

A bit amusing. Delta guys seem to think an A350 order is coming and the UPS guys are talking about it as well with there CEO talking of a fleet renewal for their MDs.

They may also want to please the European leaders where we have been growing and look to expand even more. You gotta try to make everybody happy.