View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 03:04 PM
hummingbear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

How many 737’s are typically “Guam” bases?
Pre- COVID we had around 8. Not positive but I think we're down to around 4 now?

Do they rotate them out from the mainland, via HNL from the west coast, etc?
Yes.

Any new or past destinations on the horizon post pandemic? I remember when there was GUM-NAN and GUM-CNS?
Unfortunately, those were gone long before COVID came around. Going into the pandemic, our flying focused mainly on 2 markets: Japanese tourism & regional inter-island travel (I'm including the Philippines in that). COVID hit those schedules really hard, and we're still very much feeling that impact as Japan, FSM, & the Philippines are all essentially shut down to most travel.

The airline has been pretty aggressive in responding to market demand as it develops in 2021, so anything is possible; but as of yet we haven't had word from anyone suggesting new/returning markets. We've still got a large percentage of the base on reserve, so to me the fact that they are filling vacancies into Guam at least suggests that they want to be ready to respond quickly to regional demand- even if there isn't enough presently to justify the base staffing.

Any talk about those or expansions if Guam ever gets the MAX-9?
Only wishful speculation by the pilots...