View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 11:15 AM
nibake
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by maverickchill View Post
PPE premium pay eligible. I agree this is a win for the company, just another band-aid to their staffing. i'm sure many guys will be all over this "extra" pay, rather than having the company hire more people so they can get off reserve, have better line, get weekends off (which doesn't happen anyway) or upgrade eventually etc. and pay all of us what we are worth.
I wonder which side thought it was a good idea to start with PPE language? A better fix would have been trip rig and pay rates, then iron out the rest over the 18+ months, during which time we can at least afford to feed ourselves.
Union members and leadership especially should be trying to create more jobs within the union, that is the purpose of being union workers.
I, for one, am sick of working myself to death. My days of picking up a bunch of extra time are over for now. Especially with lines coming out at 99.9% of the 95 hour max.

As far as staffing goes, there is already a problem. 25% of new classes aren't showing up and it's going to get worse and not better. Granted, the airplanes are still flying, so it's not a crisis, but the buffer between adequately staffed and cancelling flights is a real problem.

If the company wants to put out 200% trips and guys want to take them, that is their choice.

I'm also not in the camp saying all LOAs should be denied until we get a new contract. Hurting ourselves in order to hurt the company is not a philosophy that's going to get my vote.